We practice each Saturday at Aikikai of Philadelphia, from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please follow the directions below to drive or take mass transit to the dojo.
By car, from the north, south or New Jersey (click for an interactive map)
- - From north or south, take I-95 to Philadelphia.
- From New Jersey, take I-295 to I-95 to Philadelphia.
- From western Pennsylvania, take I-76 East to Philadelphia.
- Take the I-676 exit toward Center City/downtown
- Take the PA611/Broad Street exit off I-676. Coming off the ramp, turn onto 15th Street (one-way street).
- On 15th Street, get in one of the two right lanes. Turn right onto John F. Kennedy Drive. Get in the left lane.
- Turn left onto 19th Street.
- Turn right onto Sansom Street (next after Chestnut St.).
- Park in one of the parking garages on Sansom between 21st and 22nd street. The dojo is at 2100 Chestnut street. Walk down Sansom back toward 21st St. (the direction in which you came) and turn left onto 21st. The dojo is about halfway up the block, on the left and upstairs. Note that the dojo address is 2100 Chestnut Street, but the entrance is on 21st Street (upstairs). The dojo phone is 215-563-8108.
By Regional Train (Amtrak, SEPTA, NJ Transit)
The dojo is a five-minute walk from Philadelphia's 30th Street station. Alternatively, there are taxi stands at the station.
- Exit 30th Street Station on the Market Street side.
- Walk east on Market Street (left, across the river) toward Center City.
- Turn right (south) onto 21st Street.
- Walk down 21st Street to the intersection of 21st and Chestnut. The dojo is just past this intersection (on 21st Street), on the right. Note that the address is 2100 Chestnut Street, but the entrance is on 21st Street (upstairs). The dojo phone is 215-563-8108.